Tuesday, May 27, 2008

THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION!!!


Friends and members of my musical family, I would like to talk about a certain aspect that was introduced to me about 4 years ago. Essentially, I was listening to a mix from a DJ friend by the name of Ox Banga and while listening, I noticed certain nuances that were quite different from my mix cds. I noticed that his mixes were very intricate in that, I heard multi-tracks going on at the same time. As curious as I was to learn something new, I inquired as to how he could make a simple mix sound so studio-like. He explained to me that all of the mixes were done on digital mixer board. Ox further went on to say that the board not only allowed him to multi-track, but allowed him to erase mistakes or even save a mix and then come back to it later. I thought to myself unbelievable and asked how long did it take to learn. Ox responded and said that it took him no time to learn. I scoffed at his response and said whatever, but low and behold, I picked up one while in Little Rock and quickly found out that he wasn't lying. It took me a total of 5 minutes to get the gist of everything. From there, it was all she wrote. So, behold attached is the first digital mix cd that I recorded back in '05. The whole mix took me 8 hours to produce, but it was well worth it. Sit back relax and enjoy!!!


Finesse




1 comment:

Rick said...

This one is hot!!! I know OX too that's my boy.